• Latest Entries »

    Thursday, December 24, 2009

    Home for the Holidays!



    It's been just over a week since I made the trek back from Clarksville, Tennessee to my home in Midlothian, Texas. I have had some great times catching up with family and friends and seemed to very seamlessly pick up right where I left off in when I left for school at the end of August. It's a great feeling getting to see everyone when it feels like it has been so long, and it's only been three and a half months. I'm first off excited to see my family, as well as a few friends it's been almost unbearable to only have talked to via facebook or phone.

    In the midst of all of the enjoyment I do wish to remain thoughtful of why this time is important to me in my faith. I am so grateful that I was able to travel safely through the long stretch of road between Texas and Tennessee, that I drove through without stopping except to refuel, but I am even more grateful in this time because of the reason we celebrate. I know it seems almost cliché this time of year, certainly in our day and age, to say "Jesus is the reason for the season" or "Keep Christ in Christmas", but these seemingly over-used phrases are an attempt to remind our society why, and for whom, we celebrate. See, Christmas isn't about the presents, decorations, and over-crowded shopping malls, but it is a time to celebrate the coming of Christ, Jesus, whom is our only way to salvation. Without Christ our fate is that of men (and women) who alone cannot overcome their fallen state. Celebrating and spending time with friends and family is great, enjoy it, but remember the coming of hope that we celebrate this day, that through Christ we may glorify the Father.

    Merry Christmas everyone!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment